Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bologna Weekend!

Our train was ten minutes late, but we still arrived in Bologna at about 10:30 am on Friday. For some reason unbeknown(st) to me, all museums are free, which was great for us! We went to the Giorgio Morandi museum, which had some beautiful, albeit strange, still lifes and drawings.

For lunch we had tortellONI (tortellini have meat in them, tortelloni do not!) at a sweet little trattoria. We then made a little trip to H&M (Florence doesn't have one!) on our way to the music library and museum. It had a lot of great material and was in beautifully decorated rooms, but it was pretty poorly organized and didn't really make much sense in any continuituos way from room to room.

Our hotel was a sweet little place! The wall paper made Justina, Mari, and me all a little dizzy. My favorite part of the whole trip was probably when we climbed 498 steps up 97meters up a leaning tower (less lean than Pisa, but twice as high)- there's another one of them right next to it, pictured here: (the one we climbed had less lean than this one.) It was a fantastic view, and Justina and Mari are both afraid of heights, too!

On Sunday, Gaby, Abbie and I went out for American Brunch. It was amazing. I had french toast, scrambled eggs with cheddar and feta, and a chocolate milkshake (which isn't as much brunchy as it is americany, but I still really enjoyed it). I think we might become regulars.

Our dinner last night was hilarious. At the end, somehow we got to talking about animals, and for a period of about ten minutes, we were trying to clarify "owl" and "dark" and it turned out when Gaby said owl and made a hooting noise, Daniela and Andrea interpreted it as a "seal." I don't think I've laughed that hard since I was in Greenville. We ended up having to break out the english-italian dictionary.

Good times.

No comments: